| June 23, 2014 | 11:00am
Support the independent voice of Phoenix and help keep the future of New Times free.
Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email email@example.com.
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
See Also: The Duce in Phoenix: Happy Hour Report Card
Coming from a place like The Duce, which serves as a bar, restaurant, boxing gym, yoga studio, boutique clothing shop, karaoke lounge, and more, you wouldn't expect your pie options from the outdoor food trailer to be limited to just one flavor, would you? Of course not! You have your fruit and cream sweet pies, but the savory chicken pot pie is the real winner here.
With a rich, creamy sauce smothering chucks of tender chicken and fresh, crunchy veggies, the pot pie is everything it should be. However, the best part of the whole thing is the intensely buttery and flaky pie crust that surrounds it-- definitely one of the best crusts in town. Served up in a mason jar, this pot pie's delivery method is as cute (although very, very hot) as the rest of The Duce.
Just be sure to have a goofy alias prepared when you order because they will ask and, if you're caught off guard easily, you might end up picking your food up as "Little Bunny Foo Foo." Don't be that guy.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.