Since there's really no better accessory than a cocktail in your hand, each week Jackalope Ranch brings you a tasty adult beverage from one of our favorite drinking establishments, complete with recipe. This week: Adam's Rib at Merc Bar.
Aside from the name, there's nothing biblical about the vivacious gin-based Adam's Rib at Merc Bar.
The stylish bar/lounge is tucked away in the labyrinth of the Biltmore Esplanade center in Phoenix. Unmarked on the outside and dimly lit on the inside, Merc Bar is the ideal spot to sneak away and grab a drink in some of the classiest, shadowy corners in town.
Though a variety of specialty cocktails are available, this sunny libation is the ultimate end-of-day pick-me-up.
Check out the recipe after the jump ...
- 1 1/2 ounces of Hayman's Old Tom Gin
- 3/4 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
- 3/4 ounce pear syrup
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- Vigorously mix ingredients in a shaker
- Serve up in a martini glass
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit zest (representing the aforementioned rib)
- Find a dim corner and drink up