Best of all, you don’t just eat Girard’s goodies with your eyes. As delicious as her Instagram is — and it is sweet salvation — all of the above and more are available to order via TheDinersaur for pickup at Restaurant Progress in the Melrose District.
Even sweeter, Girard has shared her famous tea cookie recipe with us. Yes, the very same one that comes in her lunch bags alongside a sandwich, chips, and sparkling water. It’s the not-too-sweet, not-too-complicated, just-right thing to make at home when you’re looking for a little cookie comfort. So, like, now.
theDinersaur Tea Cookie RecipeNote: This recipe makes 22 to 24 cookies.
8 ounces (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1/2 cup of powdered sugar (plus an additional 1/4 cup powdered sugar after baking)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecan pieces or chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Set on low until everything is mixed together.
3. Scoop out big tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Place dough on parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets and bake until you see just a little brown on top, about 15 minutes.
5. Let cookies cool on the counter or in the fridge.
6. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to a small bowl. Once cooled, “smoosh” cookies in icing sugar.