As summer nights wear on, it might be time to take your dinner by the campfire. No, this isn't some kitschy wild west cookout. It's fine dining at Lon's at the Hermosa Inn and it's only $40 for three courses. With menu options like steak frites, house pulled mozzarella salad, and Lon's cowboy candy bar, you can put together a full meal without spending too much dough.
From now until Labor Day, Lon's is serving up a $40 prix fixe meal deal with your choice of an appetizer, entree, and dessert included. The neighboring Last Drop Bar also has a lighter appetizer and cocktail pairing option for $20 as well, but for a full Lon's experience, you should try the dinner. Here's what's on the menu:
- Tempura Garden Squah with shishito peppers, shaved baby vegetables, and yuzu saffron aioli
- House Pulled Mozzarella with local tomatoes, garden basil, pretzel crutons, and balsamic reduction
- Summer Garden Gazpacho with crab ceviche and lime olive oil
- Pan Seared Salmon with durum gnocchi, roasted squash, and roasted tomato broth
- Jidori Chicken with basil mashed potatoes, glazed baby carrots, and sweet onion jus
- Steak Frites with grilled hanger steak, chimichurri, house cut fries, and arugula salad
- Grapefruit Tart with ginger meringue, grapefruit curd, mint syrup, and pomegranate sorbet
- Lon's Cowboy Candy Bar with chili spiced ganache, marcona almonds, crispy feuilletine, salted caramel sauce, and caramelia ice cream
For more information, visit the Lon's website.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.