Just Blaze was located on McDowell Road in Phoenix, but took over the building on the corner of Camelback Road and Tenth Street when the upscale clothing store moved out. The space is huge and employees say the store will be working on filling its walls and racks with art supplies, artwork, apparel and head shop gear in the next few months.
Check out what we'd take, what we'd leave and why we'd go back after the jump...
Five Things We're Taking Home:
1. Bandanna: The hot rod is an iconic symbol of artist Lalo Cota's. He did this bandanna for Just Blaze, which goes for $8.
2. Cans: depending on size, color and brand, these are $4 to $8.
3. Uni Posca Pen: good for details, the Poscas are $4.
4. I (Heart) Haters T-shirt: Just Blaze brand, these men's tees are $5
5. Street art mags there's a ton of domestic and imported art mags, depending on edition and publication domestics go for $3 to $5 and imports $8 to $50.
Four Things On Our Wish List:
1. Graff bench: Ok, most of what's on our wish list isn't for sale. That being said, this bench could look pretty sweet on a porch or in an entryway ... as long as you're not accused of stealing it.
2. Canvas by Lalo Cota: Lalo's piece is going for $150, though you might be able to catch him at an upcoming show or painting a mural downtown and convince him to spray you something.
3. Can wall: This is a practical wish, because it can be made (given you have a considerable amount of cans and glue).
4. Tagged bin: Again, easily made -- that is, if you don't mind using all your ink and paint on a piece of "trash".
We'll Pass On This...
Can't say this would go well in our (or any one's) home decor scheme ... maybe someone else will find it, um, charming.
A Reason To Go Back ...
The back section of Just Blaze is a functioning gallery space, which will host shows, live painting and events. Details can be found on the store's website.
Just Blaze is at 1011 E. Camelback Rd. in Phoenix. It's open Monday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.