From jaw-droppingly generous portions to swingin' big-band music, Oregano's is all about livin' large. Delicious, piled-high salads and appetizers like the Kickbutt Garlic Bread or toasted ravioli could make meals unto themselves, but somehow we always find room for double-size sandwiches (like the old-school Italian sausage and the goofy-sounding but gourmet-tasting Veggie Wedgie) and heaping platters of pasta (the simple BolloPasta with meatballs never disappoints). And don't forget the pizza, which comes in more than a dozen creative varieties, including the Sproccoli (a garlicky spinach-broccoli combo), rosemary chicken potato, and cajun chicken pesto. Whether you're a Chicago thin-crust lover or you dig the stuffed deep-dish style, these pizzas are as tasty as they are huge. No wonder the T-shirts here read "Size Matters."
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Free, Lot available
- Extra Services: Catering
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay