There will be plenty to see and do during Chow Bella and Roosevelt Row's Pie Social on November 15, but stay focused -- there will be plenty of hungry people with the same mission:
Drop off the pies (optional), get the tasting tickets, find the best pies, taste, and repeat.
But no need to stress. In an effort to help maximize your pie-eating efficiency (and give you a few things to check out while you're in the 'hood), we have a printable map, official details and a few hints to help you on your way.
Happy pie eating.
Pie Social Basics:
Time/Place: November 15, 2 to 5 p.m., at the "What Should Go Here" Pop Up Park on the northeast corner of Second Street and Roosevelt.
Bring: Two pies or $10 for five tasting tickets.
Rules for community bakers: Be sure to put your name/phone number on masking tape on the bottom of your dishes so we can return them.
Note: NO MEAT OR DAIRY BASED PIES, PLEASE, PER COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. But you can make a variety of pies, including caramel, nut, chocolate or fruit. Butter (or other dairy) in the crust is NOT an issue.
- Shelley Au, Shelley's Specialty Desserts
- Eddie Castillo, AZ Food Crafters
- Chris Collins, Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- LaDawn Driscoll , Liberty Market
- Kat Dwight, Phoenix Public Market Cafe
- Omei Eaglerider , Fabulous Food Catering
- Suzanne Gwyn, Bake Goods
- Jeff Kraus, Crepe Bar
- Cassie McKay, Arcadia Farms Cafe
- Joshua Nelson, Jobot
- Ricardo Palacio, Urban Cookies
- Monique Rossingol, Herb Box
- Virginia Senior, Urban Beans
- Dana Stern, Bragg's Factory Diner
- Country Velador, Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
- Traci Zitzer, Urban Table