20. 'Phony Rappers' (A Tribe Called Quest)"His rhyme style is older than a Chrysler Cordoba / I'm wilder than the cats in Arizona."
19. 'June on the West Coast' (Bright Eyes)"I spent a day dreaming of dying in Mesa, Arizona / Where all the green of life had turned to ash."
18. '2 Minutes of Death' (Stuck Mojo)"Fowler warned ya, then he had to storm ya / On that ass like heat in Arizona."
17. 'The Painted Desert' (10,000 Maniacs)"In a Flagstaff trailer court, you wrote the line / He kicked a tumbleweed and his mother called him home / Where the Arizona moon met the Arizona sun."
16. 'In the Springtime of His Voodoo' (Tori Amos)"Standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona / And I'm quite sure I'm in the wrong song."
15. 'Aging Orange' (Vandals)"Maybe it's my ape drape, or hippes in my band / But now we only tour in Arizona or Japan."
14. 'Arizona' (Kings of Leon)"Her lamp, slippers in her bedroom / She must feel it's awkward / Oh, I said it's Arizona."
13. 'There Is No Arizona' (Jamie O'Neal)"There is no Arizona / No painted desert, no Sedona / If there was a Grand Canyon / She could fill it up with the lies he's told her."
12. 'Yuma, AZ' (Damien Jurado)Once met a girl in Yuma, Arizona / Whose mother was dyslexic like mine / Grandpa owned a ranch, was where she learned to dance / I hear she goes out dancing all the time."
11. 'Arizona' (Scorpions)
"Arizona really feels alright / Girls swing here and they treat you right / Have so many special ways, you know/And that's alright."
10. 'You' (R.E.M.)"Did I dream you were a tourist in the Arizona sun? / I can see you there with luna moths and watermelon gum."
9. 'Trucker's Atlas' (Modest Mouse)"I'm going to Arizona / Sex on the rocks, all warm and red."
8. 'Teenagers from Mars' (Misfits)"We land in barren fields / On the Arizona plains / The insemination of little girls / In the middle of wet dreams."
7. 'Hey Willie' (Waylon Jennings)"Hey Willie, let's pack up and catch us a slow train / And go back to Phoenix to a far brighter day / Where stars were for shining in the Arizona sky / And music meant more than fortune or fame."
6. 'By the Time I Get to Arizona' (Public Enemy)"I'm on the one mission / To get a politician / To honor or he's a goner / By the time I get to Arizona."
5. 'A Growing Boy Needs His Lunch' (Dead Kennedys)"Just dip 'em in glaze, paint 'em orange and green / For the Arizona roadside stands / To sell alongside plaster burros and birdbaths."
4. 'Ænema' (Tool)"Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A. / The only way to fix it is to flush it all away / Any fucking time, any fucking day / Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
3. 'Get Back' (The Beatles)"Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner / But he knew it couldn't last / Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona / For some California grass."
2. 'By the Time I Get to Phoenix' (Glen Campbell)"By the time I get to Phoenix, she'll be rising / She'll find the note I left hangin' on her door / She'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leavin' / 'Cause I've left that girl so many times before."
1. 'Take It Easy' (The Eagles)"Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona / And such a fine sight to see / It's a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford / Slowin' down to take a look at me."
'Rock'n Me' (Steve Miller Band)"I went from Phoenix, Arizona all the way to Tacoma / Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A. / Northern California where the girls are warm / So I could be with my sweet baby, yeah."
'Hotel Arizona' (Wilco)"Hotel in Arizona made us all wanna feel like stars / Rental cars and tinted windows, leave another number for me."
Editor's note: A version of this article originally ran in 2011.