Forks up, Phoenix! Chow Bella and Roosevelt Row present the sixth annual Pie Social at 2 on Saturday, November 21, at the Bioscience High School at 512 East Pierce Street in Phoenix. We've got an all-star lineup of bakers making pies for you to taste, and from now till Pie Social, we'll introduce them to you, one by one, through pie charts designed by each chef to capture his or her persona as a baker.
Today: Jeff Kraus of Crepe Bar
Back in the day, Jeff Kraus was a trucker — a food trucker that is. He was owner and chef at Truckin' Good Food, a mobile eatery that Huffington Post once named one of the "Top 10 Most Influential Food Trucks" in the country. In 2012 he settled into the brick-and-mortar life, opening Crepe Bar in Tempe. And ever since, the chef has been serving up some of the Valley's most innovative sweet and savory crepes. Most recently Kraus teamed up with Steadfast Farm in Gilbert to bring diners small, creative plates showcasing seasonal produce. The Pie Social vet has a handful of wins to his name and is known for bringing non-traditional pie creations to the competition table.
Meet the other Pie Social celebrity chefs:
- Virginia Senior of Urban Beans
- Adam Allison of SuperTruck
- LaDawn Driscoll of Liberty Market
- Audrey Enriquez of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
- Garrett Verhage of Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- Casey Hopkins-Johnson of Welcome Chicken + Donuts
- Julie Moreno of Jewel's Bakery & Cafe
- Country and Sergio Velador of Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
- Dusty Sullivan of Benedict's Catering