Catching up on trashy gossip mags while a manicurist primps and polishes your nails is pretty damn close to heavenly. Add a mimosa into the mix ('cause, why not?), and there goes the rest of the day. Oh, to relax.
But once you add up the receipts from all those manis, pedis, facials, and massages (and cocktails), it becomes oh-so-apparent that relaxation and beautification come at a premium.
During Spa Week, from October 10 through 16, select Arizona spas offer up deals on everything from body wraps to acupuncture.
Natch, there's a catch. To ensure that you get the treatments you want when you want, booking appointments in advance is recommended.
To get ahead of the game, local spas are also offering treatments leading up to the official Spa Week.
See a roundup of current deals leading up to Spa Week after the jump.
5. In Glendale, Abloom Medspa offers serious skin treatments like acne therapy via radio frequency and warding off wrinkles with Botox. They're running a special on microdermabrasion ($49), a treatment that removes dead skin cells with a diamond-tip wand.
4. Absolutely Chic Day Spa, in Peoria, has a menu of beauty pick-me-ups at reasonable prices all the time. They have a killer deal on a sampler package of treatments ($75) which includes a 90-minute facial, massage and scrub.
3. Carefree's Golden Door Spa at the Boulders Resort is all about making pampering a transformative experience. Arrive stressed and straggly. Leave calm and more together. Its current deals include a 50-minute acupuncture session ($125) with nerve-calming needles.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
2. Hotel Valley Ho's VH Spa brings Old Hollywood glamor to Spa Week pre-gamers with an hour-long firm and lift facial ($100), that includes the use of the Scottsdale spot's swanky pool, hot tubs and hotel fitness center.
1. There's serenity in the sprawling space of The Spa at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale. The open-air spa now has a special on pedicures ($39), restoring dry, desert feet.
Note: as Spa Week nears, resorts and spas will be releasing more details and specials up for last-minute grabs. Stay tuned for more deals.