9. The Lodge - Sometimes Scottsdale can be a bit much for us right after work but The Lodge always makes us feel right at home -- if our home was a giant log cabin filled with taxidermy. The staff is super friendly, they use actual cheese sauce on their nachos, and your non-bedazzled jeans are completely acceptable. Half price appetizers and $3 drinks until 7 p.m. are offered every single day of the week.
8. Christopher's Restaurant & Crush Lounge - Sometimes you need a little more then cheap nachos and Miller Lite to perk up your day and that's why Christopher's is a happy hour favorite. From 3 - 6 p.m., seven days a week, stop by the restaurant's Kitchen bar or the Crush lounge and you can score gourmet burgers, wood-fired pizzas, and truffled frites for under $10 a plate and all well, wine, and beers are half off.
7. Pita Jungle -- It may not be the longest happy hour in town and there aren't any drink specials, but if you're looking to kick back with a glass of wine and a few super cheap, super good tapas plates -- look no further. Hummus, garlic lemon chicken, shrimp -- there's a whole bunch of good eats all between $2 and $3 from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. and from 9 p.m. to close.
6. Postino Central - Trade in that lame chair at your desk for a seat at Postino's spacious concrete bar and score a glass of wine or a small pitcher of beer for $5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. And the bruschetta is always a sweet deal. One board is enough to feed at least two people. We love the tomato jam with sheep's milk cheese and the brie with apples is a classic.
5. Casey Moore's Oyster House - After being cooped up in the office all day sometimes we just want to sit under the trees at Casey's and enjoy the outdoors -- with a beer in hand of course. The hipster-friendly bar offers a buck off drinks and half off appetizers. That means $4 chipotle wings and $3 hummus. Yum!
4. Cornish Pasty Mesa -- Our favorite pasty shop makes the list for just one reason -- $3 car bombs (and we're big fans of the banoffee pie!)
3. BLT Steak - Enjoy a beautiful view of Camelback Mountain while taking advantage of half price small plates, hand-crafted cocktails, wine by the glass, and draft brews from 5 to 7 p.m. everyday in the bar of BLT Steak. If you're really hungry, grab the Camelback Burger for $8. It pairs perfectly with a pint of Phoenix Brewery's Camelback IPA.
2. The Living Room -- When we find ourselves in Chandler around cocktail time we like to hit up The Living Room for their lively atmosphere and sweet drink specials. It's busy and loud but from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. drinks are cheap -- $2.50 drafts, $5 glasses of wine, $3 well drinks and $5 martinis.
1. The Main Ingredient --Patio, a nice craft beer selection, tasty appetizers and sweet beats put TMI at the top of our list. This is one of our favorite places in Phoenix anytime of day but we like it a tiny bit more when beers are $2.50 and cocktails are half price!
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.