ofOakville Grocery Co.
cooks up achilled avocado and lime soup
to cool off on those hot summer days.
No slaving away over the stove here. All you need are the fresh ingredients, a knife and a blender.
What you'll need:
1 Lime Split in Half
2 Cups Chicken Broth
½ Clove of Garlic
1 Teaspoon Chopped Red Onion
3 Tablespoons Queen Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
2 Campari Tomatoes
8 Slivers Red Onion
8 Leaves Cilantro
1 Serrano Chili Sliced
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Click through for the rest of this easy no-cook recipe.
What you'll do:
- Split the avocados in half, remove seed, remove skin and place in a blender.
- Add the 2 cups chicken broth, red onion, juice of lime, the ½ garlic clove and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with broth to desired thickness. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
- For the garnish, slice the campari tomatoes into small wedges, mix with the onion, sliced serrano chili and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the leaves of cilantro around the tomato salad and serve for four.
(This is the third installment of our Chef Chat with Sterling. Check out parts one and two for more about Oakville Grocery Co. and what drives Sterling's culinary creativity. And check back tomorrow to talk wine with Oakville Wine Director David Johnson.)