Here's how it's done...
4 oz Sushi Rice
1 Nori (seaweed sheet)
1 oz Tempura Flakes ("crunch")
2 oz Sweet Potato (cooked, mashed, and warm)
1.5 tbsp Japanese BBQ Sauce
2 tsp Sesame Seeds
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
1. Place the nori sheet on a plastic-wrapped bamboo rolling mat (makisu).
2. Spread the sushi rice on the sheet, and flip the sides.
3. Place the warm mashed potato and "crunch" in the middle of the sheet. Roll with makisu.
4. Thinly slice the avocado and place it on top of the roll. Make sure it covers the entire top surface of the roll.
5. Place the plastic wrap on top of the roll and use the makisu to shape the roll.
6. Cut into 8 pcs and place them on a plate.
7. Drizzle Japanese BBQ sauce and sprinkle with Sesame seeds.