What's the State of the Arts in Arizona? A Questionnaire for Phoenix and Beyond
Jackalope Ranch wants your take on the arts in Arizona.
Take a deep breath, Phoenix. Between shakeups at major institutions, changes coming to arts hubs, and a slew of closings and openings, there's a lot going on -- and even more to take in.
What better time to take the pulse of the state's arts scene?
Jackalope Ranch wants your take on what's happening, what should be happening, and what's next for all aspects of the arts in and around metro Phoenix, including murals, spoken word, theater, museums, galleries, public art, and dance.
That's why we're calling on all art lovers, artists, insiders, outsiders, and, really, anyone with thoughts on the state of the arts here in Arizona (and Phoenix, in particular) to complete the 10-question survey below and e-mail it along with a one-paragraph bio to New Times Culture Editor Becky Bartkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 6.
1. What are three words that describe the arts in Arizona?
2. Describe your role in the Arizona arts scene (including "observer" -- a very important role!) and how it came to be.
3. Who is making the biggest impact on metro Phoenix's art scene and how are they doing that?
4. Where has metro Phoenix made the biggest strides in the arts in the last 10 years or so?
5. What are Arizona's most underused arts resources?
6. How can artists and institutions better connect with audiences?
7. What are the biggest roadblocks in metro Phoenix's art scene and how can we get past them?
8. Metro Phoenix's art scene needs __________.
9. What can metro Phoenix's art scene learn from other parts of the state -- and country?
10. In three years, what three words do you hope describe the state of the arts in Arizona?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.