Cooks and Corks Is Back This Year, and Tickets Are on Sale Now
Chef Kevin Binkley and Chef Mel Mecinas of the Four Seasons Resort
Valley food aficionados might remember the annual Cooks and Corks event, though it's been a while since the culinary fete made it into the Scottsdale Culinary Festival lineup. This year, the party's back on, though the revised rendition means there will be a few changes.
The one-night event is designed to highlight the Valley's best chefs, food, and wines during an evening of self-guided outdoor tastings. The event will be held from 6:30 to 10 p.m. on Friday, November 8, at the Four Seasons Resort at Troon North. Tickets, which cost $95 a person, are on sale now.
The lineup of chefs includes the resort's own Mel Mecinas, who will be serving a multi-course tasting menu. He'll be joined by:
- Executive Chef Frank Belosic and Sous Chef Lee Hillson of The Phoenician Resort's Il Terrazzo
- Chef Michael O'Dowd of Renegade by MOD
- Chef Matt Carter of Zinc Bistro, The Mission and The House Brasserie
- Executive Chef Beau MacMillan of The Sanctuary Resort
- Executive Chef Roberto Madrid of The Westin Kierland's Deseo
- Executive Chef Jason Connelly of J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge's Stone Grill
- Executive Chef Travis Garner of The Capital Grille
- Executive Chef Christopher Nicosia of Sassi
Attendees will also be able to taste a collection of spirits, wines, and craft beers provided by Hensley Beverage Co.
The outdoor event will be held at the resort's Fountain Terrace lawn, which offers panoramic views of the Valley and mountains. For added ambiance, expect live music.
Tickets to Corks & Corks will be limited to between 250 and 300 attendees and can be purchased on the event website. The Four Seasons Resort will also be offering a special $350 room rate for attendees (discounted from $419). Guests should mention "Cooks & Corks" to receive the rate.
Fountain Terrace lawn
Courtesy of the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.