For a quarter-century, this cozy, classic restaurant from chef and owner Brett Hoffman has been dishing out authentic German cuisine in Glendale. (You may have seen it on the Food Network.) Haus Murphy's is known for its Original Oktoberfest Pretzel, the sausage sampler, juicy bratwursts, house-made sauerkraut, and quite a variety of schnitzels (including a one-pounder). We're also keen on the potato and quark gnocchi, the haus gulasch in a bread bowl, and gulasch fries. The German aesthetic extends, of course, to the bar, which offers giant bottled biers you can enjoy beneath strung-up lights on the vaguely European patio — a lovely slice of Old World in the West Valley. New Normal: Curbside pickup is available. Call for reservations.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Thursday & Friday 4-8 p.m.; Saturday 12-8 p.m.; Sunday 12-6 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup