This year we're marking the hundred-day countdown to Best of Phoenix 2015 by sharing some of our favorite dishes at restaurants all over the Valley. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
57. Fresh Shattered Potato Chips at Ingo's Tasty Food
Of course, the biggest draw at Ingo's Tasty Food in Arcadia is the burgers. Made with grass-fed beef and topped with quality ingredients such as pancetta, Fol Epi cheese, and Black Creek cheddar, the burgers served at this modern roadside restaurant achieve a perfect combination of authenticity and simplicity. It's not that surprising when you know that this restaurant comes from the same folks responsible for La Grande Orange Grocery, a restaurant and market known for high-quality pizza done simply and well.
Best of all, Ingo's doesn't skimp on sides. I never skip an order of the Fresh Shattered Potato Chips. These thin slices of potato are fried to a perfect crisp on the outside but maintain a soft center. With just a touch of sea salt and black pepper they're perfectly food enough, but the accompanying side of lebni really makes the dish. The Lebanese yogurt, spruced up with a little bit of fresh parsley, brings fresh, cool flavors to the mix.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
My go-to entrée is the Farmer's Daughter Burger, a dish that's inspired by a classic Reuben sandwich. The dense beef patty comes topped with Dijon, cheese, and sauerkraut to make a burger that's tangy and rich. With a glass of the restaurant's well-loved sangria at a table on the large patio, Ingo's delivers a near-perfect meal.
The 100 Favorite Dishes so far...
100. Waffle at Matt's Big Breakfast
99. Pacific White Fish Taco at La Santisima
98. Beef Roll at Taiwan Food Express
97. Zinc Burger at Zinc Bistro
96. Goat Biryani at Khyber Halal
95. Key Lime Doughnut at Welcome Chicken + Donuts
94. Chicharrón Prensado Quesadilla at La Merced
93. Moist Succulent Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe
92. Deep Fried Squid with Salt and Pepper from Nee House Chinese Cuisine
91. Coconut Raspberry Brownie at Karl's Quality Bakery
90. Fried Chicken at Phoenix Public Market Cafe
89. The Tyler at Cheese 'N Stuff
88. Hurricane Popcorn at Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour
87. Ceviche at El Chullo
86. Date Shake at Couscous Express
85. Red Bean and Rice Burger at Liberty Market
84. Banh Thit Nguoi at Da Vang
83. Breakfast Sandwich at Ollie Vaughn's
82. Crispy Pig Ears at Crudo
81. Parillada at Asadero Norte De Sonora
80. Warm Jar of King Crab and Butter at Little Cleo's Seafood Legend
79. Pumpkin Spice Macaron at Essence Bakery
78. Falafel Sandwich at Al Hana Restaurant
77. Sheng Jian Bao at DingHao Shanghai
76. Baked Vegetable Pesto at Oven + Vine
75. Pollo Guisado at FrinGo's Kitchen
74. Aloo Paratha at Tahoora Grill
73. Exotic Mushroom Pan Fry at Cowboy Ciao
72. Otro Cortado Salad at Otro Cafe
71. The Standard with Cheese at The Stand
70. Kimchee Bokum Bap at Hodori
69. The 301 Pizza at Forno 301
68. Green Chile Burrito at Rito's Mexican Food
67. Aloo Tikki Chaat at Little India
66. Oysters Rockefeller at The Salt Cellar Restaurant
65. Bún Thit Nuong at Hue Gourmet
64. Pistachio Chicken Liver Pate at The Gladly
63. Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at Welcome Diner
62. Crawfish at Angry Crab Shack
61. The Lady at Short Leash Hot Dogs
60. Torta Ahogada at Tortas Paquime
59. Baiynchaiv Crepes at Reathrey Sekong
58. The Straw at Miracle Mile Deli